What will I learn?
- Learn a proven and to the point strategy that includes six different kinds of trades
- Have the confidence and knowledge to trade on a daily basis
- Discover how to minimize your risk with every trade
- Speak the language of the market and trade like a professional
- Acquire the skills you need to trade any security in any market
- Get over 5 hours of on demand video, exercises, and interactive content
- Connect with David Green and his live trading platform with our free trial period
This online course is for: complete beginners to semi-experienced day traders; there is no prior knowledge required.
Certificate of Enrollment
Receive an Investopedia Academy Certificate of Enrollment with this course
- Set your Goal for Become a Day Trader
- Introductory video
- Importance of Creating a Plan
- Create Your Personalized Plan
- Plan Scenarios
- Pro Trading vs. Retail Trading Accounts for Day Traders
- Understanding Markets & Exchanges
- Test: Markets and Exchanges
- Limit Order, Market Order, Stop Order
- Volume and Volatility
- Long and Short
- Test: Language of the Stock Market
- Money Management
- Test: Money Management
- Rule One: Do Your Own Research
- Rule Two: Stay In Your Weight Class
- Rule Three: Pay Attention
- Rule Four: Check Your Ego
- Rule Five: Move On
- Charts & Candlesticks
- Moving Averages
- Relative Strength Index
- Technical Analysis Review
- Test: Technical Indicators
- Trend Trade: Example One
- Trend Trade: Example Two
- Regular Moving Average Trade: Example One
- Regular Moving Average Trade: Example Two
- Base Trade: Example One
- Base Trade: Example Two
- Consolidation Trade: Example One
- Double Top/Double Bottom Trade: Example One
- Double Top/Double Bottom Trade: Example Two
- Far From Moving Average Trade: Example One
- Far From Moving Average Trade: Example Two
- Test: Six Kinds of Trades
- Getting Set Up
- Trading The News
- Making Trades
- Wrap Up
- Daily Plan
- David Green's Watchlist
- Bonus Material
About the Instructor
David Green is a Wall Street Trader with more than 30 years of experience. His rapid success enabled him to retire before he even turned 40. David oversaw trading in some of the largest listed companies at the NYSE, including IBM, Bank of America, and Best Buy. He has been successfully training day traders since 2009, and is now rolling his curriculum online through Investopedia.
Students are Saying...
Having lost a bunch of money day trading on my own self-taught knowledge, I needed a course that would provide me with a strategic and consistent way to trade. Investopedia’s ‘Become a Day Trader’ course provided significant value because I learned a proven and profitable day trading strategy.
I needed an entry-level understanding of the markets, and this course provided me with the crisp and clear information I was after. Most courses and sites make trading very complex, but David Green laid out his strategy in a very easy and straightforward manner. David aligned the content of the course perfectly with his day trading strategy; he could be an outstanding Business School Professor too.
The Become A Day Trader Course was really well done. I stepped away from trading years ago to run my own business. As I am approaching retirement, I wanted to get back into it, but needed to get my feet wet somehow. David Green’s credibility and personality was a big deal to me, he explains everything in a clear and simple way.
I have an extensive educational background as I earned degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Economics. Still, I can say that Investopedia's 'Become a Day Trader' was one of the best courses I've ever taken. I was completely new to day trading, but now feel confident in my strategy and approach. The course was informative, concise, and David Green's teaching strategy was excellent.
I love the way Investopedia designed their courses. The Academy allows me to have complete on demand access to each course I purchase. Investopedia Academy was perfect in that it allowed me to take the courses at my own pace and I could rewatch any lessons I wanted.
Investopedia Academy provided me the tools to expand my financial analysis skills with a fun and easy to understand course.