Find Great Value Stocks
Learn to beat the market by understanding the true value of a stock and capitalizing on its price.
Learn how to understand revenue, EPS trends, and free cash flow, as well as leverage fundamental analysis to interpret balance sheets. We’ll also cover evaluating a stock’s PEG ratios, dividends and relative strength.
Investopedia Academy and instructor John Jagerson have created Find Great Value Stocks, an online course that will teach you fundamental analysis in a way that is both easy to understand, yet comprehensive in nature.
You’ll learn to:
- Analyze a stock's income and cash flow statements
- Identify weakness hidden in a stock's balance sheet
- Understand which value ratios identify stocks likely to rise
- Use fundamental analysis to pinpoint a good stock
- Watch the value ratios that matter most
- Search for value stocks using online tools and apply it to your portfolio building strategy
- Move from simply knowing when to buy to knowing what to buy
This course includes:
- Over 5 hours of on-demand video, exercises, and interactive content
- Lifetime access to so that you can learn on your schedule
If you want to move from investing in indexes and ETFs to picking specific stocks, then this course is for you. You’ll understand why the best stocks aren’t always the cheap stocks. After completing Find Great Value Stocks, you will understand the importance of trends, the concepts of relative performance, proper position sizing, and much more.
Certificate of Enrollment
Receive an Investopedia Academy Certificate of Enrollment with this course
Students and U.S. military may be eligible for reduced pricing. Email AcademySupport@investopedia.com.
Investopedia Academy provided me the tools to expand my financial analysis skills with a fun and easy to understand course.
- Net Income & EPS Trends: Chart Analysis Part One
- Net Income & EPS Trends: Chart Analysis Part Two
- Net Income & EPS Trend: Exceptions
- Cash Flow Statement
- Operating Activities
- Free Cash Flow
- Return on Equity
- Balance Sheet
- Negative Equity
- ROE Calculation
- PE Ratio: What You're Paying For
- Ratio Example
- PE/G Ratio: What You're Paying For
- PE/G Ratio: Faults
- PE/GY Ratio: What You're Paying For
- PE/GY Ratio: Examples
- PE/GY Ratio: Faults
- Stock Screening
- Narrow the Search
- Timing is Everything
- Dividends vs. Growth
- Payout Ratio
- Dividend Quality
- Relative Strength: What Is It?
- Relative Strength: Beta
- Relative Strength: Fundamentals
- Value Ratios
- Business Cycle
- Sector Rotation
- Economic Indicators
- Maturity Examples
- Yield Curve Analysis: Example One
- Yield Curve Analysis: Example Two
- Yield Curve Analysis: Example Three
- Yield Curve Analysis: Example Four
- Steps One and Two: Average True Range
- Step Three: Establish a Baseline
- Step Three: Continued
- Position Sizing Worksheet
- Volatility Based Size
About the Instructor
John Jagerson is a CFA and CMT charter holder and a founder of Learning Markets, which provides analysis and education for individual and professional investors. He is an author or co-author of five books on investing, currencies, bonds, and stocks. John has appeared in outlets like Forbes.com, BBC Radio, Nasdaq.com, and CBS for his financial strategy expertise. After graduating with a B.S. in Business from Utah Valley University, John completed the PLD program at Harvard Business School. Once the markets close each day, he can be found back on his mountain bike or in his running shoes on the trails of the Wasatch Mountains near his home.
Students are Saying...
I love the way Investopedia designed their courses. The Academy allows me to have complete on demand access to each course I purchase. Investopedia Academy was perfect in that it allowed me to take the courses at my own pace and I could rewatch any lessons I wanted.
I was a big fan of Investing of Beginners. John Jagerson was extremely precise, very thorough in his explanations, and quite easy to follow.
JC Parets and Investopedia Academy’s Technical Analysis course are great! They presented the material in a logical, well thought out, and non-intimidating way. The short videos on chart analysis should be mandatory watching prior to anyone ever opening a chart!
Options for Beginners is an outstanding course that is well structured and easy to navigate. I really valued the professional approach of Luke. I now feel confident to go out and do some basic options trades after taking this course.
I have an extensive educational background as I earned degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Economics. Still, I can say that Investopedia's 'Become a Day Trader' was one of the best courses I've ever taken. I was completely new to day trading, but now feel confident in my strategy and approach. The course was informative, concise, and David Green's teaching strategy was excellent.
Research and Trade Like The Pros was very straightforward. As a teacher of Finance, I am excited to teach my students the information from this course. In particular, I have a better understanding of analyzing currencies and commodities because of James and Lex’s professional background and systematic approach. Their methods are widely used by industry professionals.