What will I learn?
- Examine how the Forex market works and how economic factors, commodities, and interest rates move currency values.
- Analyze Forex pairs, indexes and commodities to capitalize on trading opportunities.
- Build strategies to take advantage of long and short-term Forex trades.
- Take advantage of the Forex’s low commissions and fees and how to open and close trades in minutes.
- Evaluate the quality of a Forex dealer and use advanced order types to control risk.
This course includes:
- Over 60 lessons of on-demand video, exercises, and interactive content.
- Lifetime access to every one of the videos in this course.
This course is designed for: beginner traders looking to actively trade currency in the Forex market.
Certificate of Enrollment
Receive an Investopedia Academy Certificate of Enrollment with this course
Students and U.S. military may be eligible for reduced pricing. See this page for details about how to apply.
- Pip Values Part 1
- Pip Values Part 2
- Lots, Long and Short
- Bid - Ask Spread
- Pending Orders
- Leverage and Margin
- Stop Losses
- Interest Rates
- Economic Growth
- Candlesticks and Moving Averages
- Breaking Down 'Moving Average'
- Knowledge Check
- Global Event Risk
- Support and Resistance: Moving Averages
- Support and Resistance: Horizontal
- Stock Indexes
- Commodities Currencies
- Intermarket Analysis
- Price Patterns
- Building Price Pattern Rules
- Estimating Price Targets
- Technical Indicators
- Estimating Price Targets
- Position Size
- Position Size Example
- Problems of Correlation and Volatility
- Solutions of Correlation and Volatility
About the Instructor
John Jagerson is a CFA and CMT charter holder and a founder of Learning Markets, which provides analysis and education for individual and professional investors. He is an author or co-author of five books on investing, currencies, bonds, and stocks. John has appeared in outlets like Forbes.com, BBC Radio, Nasdaq.com, and CBS for his financial strategy expertise. After graduating with a B.S. in Business from Utah Valley University, John completed the PLD program at Harvard Business School. Once the markets close each day, he can be found back on his mountain bike or in his running shoes on the trails of the Wasatch Mountains near his home.
Students are Saying...
I love the way Investopedia designed their courses. The Academy allows me to have complete on demand access to each course I purchase. Investopedia Academy was perfect in that it allowed me to take the courses at my own pace and I could rewatch any lessons I wanted.
Log into your account to access courses.
Create an account to access courses.