What will I learn?
- Identify technical patterns, trends, signals and indicators which drive the behavior of price
- Make educated projections to set optimal price targets
- Get out of bad trades quickly and stay in good ones longer
This course includes:
- Case studies showing you exactly how technical analysis can fuel pattern recognition, set price targets and plan your exit strategy
- Over 75 lessons of on demand video, exercises and interactive content
- 30 day free trial of All Star Charts with JC Parets
This course is for: anyone (investors, students, retirees, traders) who wants to transform technical data and pricing trends into actionable trading plans.
Certificate of Enrollment
Receive an Investopedia Academy Certificate of Enrollment with this course
Students and U.S. military may be eligible for reduced pricing. See this page for details about how to apply.
- Arithmetic vs. Logarithmic
- Clean Charts
- Bar Chart
- Candlesticks: Doji
- Line Chart
- Moving Averages
- Creating Trend Lines
- Trend Lines: Time Horizons
- Trend Lines: The Kickback
- Trend Identifcation: 3 Questions
- Support and Resistance
- Polarity 101
- Polarity Psychology
- Polarity: Volume By Price
- Polarity: Example 1
- Polarity: Example 2
- Dow Theory History
- DJIA and DJTA
- Markets Trend
- Averages Discount Everything
- Closing Prices
- Bull Markets
- Bear Markets
- Supplemental Indicators Introduction
- Relative Strength Index Introduction
- 14 Day RSI: Bull Examples
- 14 Day RSI: Bear Examples
- Momentum Divergence: Bullish
- Momentum Divergence: Bearish
- Momentum Examples: Apple
- Momentum Examples: U.S. Dollar / S&P 500
- Relative Strength Explanation
- Relative Strength Example: Comparing Nations
- Relative Strength Example: Comparing Components
- Relative Strength Example: Semiconductors
- Patterns Introduction
- Continuation Pattern Recognition
- Continuation Pattern Examples
- Reversal Pattern: Head and Shoulders
- Reversal Pattern: Microphone
- Reversal Pattern: Rounding Top / Bottom
- Reversal Pattern: Double Top / Bottom
- Failed Patterns Introduction
- Failed Patterns Examples
- Setting Price Targets
- The Fibonacci Problem
- Fibonacci Sequence: 0.618
- Fibonacci Sequence: 1.618 (The Golden Ratio)
- Examples of 1.618 Retracement
- Fibonacci Sequence: 2.618
- Fibonacci Sequence: 4.236
- Example of 4.236 Retracement
- Fibonacci Sequence: 6.854
- Fibonacci Sequence on Multiple Timeframes
- Fibonacci Takeaways
- Risk Management Introduction
- Position Sizing: Getting Started
- Position Sizing Math
- Caveats of Position Sizing
- Risk Vs. Reward
- Risk Management: The Three Rules
About the Instructors
JC Parets is the Founder of “All Star Charts” and is one of the most widely followed Technical Analysts in the world. His work has been regularly featured on Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, ABC, CNN, and The Wall Street Journal, among other outlets. JC has been helping both professionals and retail investors identify winning trades for over 10 years, and with Technical Analysis – his first course for Investopedia Academy – JC takes this powerful market perspective and makes it useful for anyone in the world.
Students are Saying...
The way JC explains the details of Technical Analysis to a beginner like myself is amazing and the content is so rich. I can already apply the information in this course to my swing trading strategy. I am now able to identify my past mistakes and am making better trading decisions because of it.
I am really enjoying the Technical Analysis course. They have a great professor that is simple and easy to understand, especially for a beginner like me!
Investopedia’s Technical Anlaysis course has taught me a lot of new information and is also reinforcing my prior knowledge on trading. I am even applying the knowledge I gained from this course to my cryptocurrency trading.
I have learned a lot from Technical Analysis and am already applying what I have learned!
Log into your account to access courses.
Create an account to access courses.