If you want to capture price movements like a professional trader, then you need to become an expert at spotting and analyzing technical cues. Investopedia Academy has once again partnered with JC Parets to bring you Advanced Technical Analysis, an extensive course focusing on complex techniques that divide the amateurs from the professionals.
What will I learn?
- Advanced study of momentum, candlesticks, gaps, and moving averages; including tips for identifying intraday patterns
- A top-down approach to technical analysis using equal-weighted, international, and major U.S. indices as forecasting tools
- How to use cross-asset and inter-market analysis to fine-tune your process
- How to create custom indices and run your own technical scans
- Statistical formulas for evaluating market breadth and changes in momentum
- How to balance risk appetite, risk aversion, and timing to establish specific entry and exit point parameters
- Dozens more Advanced Technical Analysis techniques from a former professional trader
This course is designed for: experienced traders who are looking to incorporate more advanced analysis into their trading strategies
Certificate of Enrollment
Receive an Investopedia Academy Certificate of Enrollment with this course
Students and U.S. military may be eligible for reduced pricing. See this page for details about how to apply.
JC Parets and Investopedia Academy’s Technical Analysis course are great! They presented the material in a logical, well thought out, and non-intimidating way. The short videos on chart analysis should be mandatory watching prior to anyone ever opening a chart!
- Top Down Approach Worksheet
- The Top Down Approach
- Intermarket Analysis
- Index Comparisons
- US Sector Rotation Models
- Breadth of Momentum
- Using Breadth of Momentum
- Advanced Momentum
- Advanced Candlesticks
- Advanced Candlesticks Continued
- VWAP Part 1
- VWAP Part 2
- Supplements and Weight of Evidence
- Technical Signals to Trading Signals
- Re-Entry and Whipsaws
- Forecasts and Case Study
- Identify a Trading Opportunity and Case Study
- Common Criticisms
- Efficient Market Hypothesis
About the Instructor
JC Parets is the Founder of “All Star Charts” and is one of the most widely followed Technical Analysts in the world. His work has been regularly featured on Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, ABC, CNN, and The Wall Street Journal, among other outlets. JC has been helping both professionals and retail investors identify winning trades for over 10 years, and with Technical Analysis – his first course for Investopedia Academy – JC takes this powerful market perspective and makes it useful for anyone in the world.